Collar Bone and Business...

Collar bones and business is going to kill me off. Okay, yes, it is not intentional today. (See we ALL have our days!) I am sporting a lot on my list of “do’s” this week. I was handling all the things, starting a small business, baptisms, blessings, Proms, 2 families over for dinner, work, huge party on Saturday. I , with the help of Prince Charming, procured a band and Pinterest worthy decor for the “Cast Party” full of teenagers who will be invading my home. I found a logo for “our” business along with tags that I can color myself proud. I managed two sweet gifts for my baptized niece and my blessed nephew. I planted flowers that will look exciting by true summer. I managed to fix a child’s room (she is pictured below) with (the help of Prince Charming) what I have had on hand or collected. Not finished yet but getting there! We had two families over for dinner on Monday and have yet to think about what to send to our Mamas for Mother’s Day…yes it is this Sunday! That is just the things that come to mind. Never mind the carpools, the birthday party, the grocery shopping, etc. WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE in some way or another! What got me is my eldest said, “Mom, look at brother’s collar bone!” and then she started to freak out just a wee bit.

Back track, son went snow boarding  about 6 weeks ago and hurt his collar bone. Nothing seemed broken. Bruised yes, broken no. Then after about a week, son seemed to think all was well. Actually, nothing looked out of place when we checked.  Now, looking at it, it seems he broke it and now the bones have healed broken. No insurance. Son hurt. Devastating me.

My worry is written all over my face and tears seem to pop up like a water fountain. It is that “mama bear” in me and the pressures. Oh all the pressures. Overwhelming.  I realized even a good book and chocolate isn’t going to soothe me this week.

I am not saying all this to garner pity. Really, I am not. It is just funny (not funny ha-ha) that things like this “put me straight.” I don’t care  about the party or the business. I woke up today thinking of decor and food and presents. Now all I can do is think of my son. I  don’t care about what songs the band will play but I care about how to help my son be well. Slap in the face. Ice cold water poured on me. All the things they say about being “redirected”.

Guess what? I am redirected. Hate that.

So, River’s lecture one-hundred-ninty-nine. Go and do but love the moment. Because moments change.

Comments

Popular Posts