Small Gifts...

Small gifts…I am in the o-boy I got gratitude mode! I feel so filled up when the small tender gifts are given by others with very little thought as to how wonderful it is to receive the said gifts. Last night my friend stopped by with a gift of a few bags of bread. (This family loves when she does that as it is Granny Sycamore bread which is what they will serve in heaven!) It is a tradition she started a while ago of just arriving at our front door with a bounty of bread! Then yesterday our son went to the doctors’ to see if he would need surgery on a maybe broken bone already healed. Doc asked who our insurance was. Reply no one. He said he was sure the bone would heal on its' own but said, “Hey, I want to see it on x-ray and I know you do too so let’s do a freebie x-ray just so he has something to show the girls." A gift. That very same day that I was home fretting over what was happening at the doctor’s office to my only spawned boy, a small package came to me, via my bff, and it contained these cute frames with color swatches in them as suggestions for painting my front door. Pumpkin spice chosen if you must know. My friend knew I was pondering on painting my front door and so sent suggestions in a cute package. Gifts. Diminutive in stature maybe but so meaningful to us on the receiving end. 


Go and do and send a little-something-something to a friend! They will appreciate it more then you will even know!

Comments

Popular Posts