I Did It! I Did It!

I did it! Long story short, I took my own advice and did something out of my own comfort zone and  really succeeded! Yeah for me. So, the real truth is that sewing machines hate me. (Or hated me, past tense.) It seems it started in Home-Ec, a hundred years ago, that anytime I was remotely near a sewing machine, it would unthread, bunch up and just not work. (I know a lot of misplaced commas, what can I say?) Anywho, the whole mystery of how one remotely can figure out how to thread  a machine let alone sew a straight line was beyond my comprehension. 


Fast forward. One of the many adventures that I am on with the “expand and live a real authentic life” is to partner with a friend in the pillow business. Do you see the issue? We are in a business that is all about sewing and only one of us sews. Um. How does that work?  I did all the things that I have a smidgen of talent with. I designed some pillows, found fabric, sizes, etc. Things that are all apart of that. BUT after weeks of putting our company together I came to the realization that one needs to sew.  Something “switch” in me. Do you know those times that you become this being that nothing will sway. You become steel against all the critics in your mind. I knew that I could conquer that machine and bully it into serving me instead of I it. I , with purpose, went out and bought beautiful fabric with matching thread and ribbon. Oh, yes I did encounter problems. Someone decided that my roller “cutter” was needed to cut something that it wasn’t suppose too creating divots in the blade. My sewing shears were used to cut out paper snowflakes. (Paper is the enemy to fabric shears.) The youngest of my littlies opted to use my “project”time to start her own project time.  As fortune would have it, her project time required a mere thousand questions directed to me. But things went pretty non smooth after that. I spoke to my partner during the experience and she informed me that you have to at least do one “undoing of thread” to really be a great sewer. I thought, no probe gal as I am doing great. Um. Sewed one panel backwards. Undo. Crud. But finished the complete project and have found that I love sewing and actually have a knack for it!! Who would of thought?


I am now a sewing gargoyle and cannot wait for more fabric to come my way. 


The story is this: I hated sewing and WOULD never let myself see me doing it. Oh, I had plenty of ideas that required sewing but I  WITH PURPOSE set it aside thinking that isn’t “my cup of tea.” Then I tried it with conviction that I would succeed at it doing my obsessions which are throw pillows. And now I love it and it is my new passion! I stopped my negative thoughts and REPLACED them with positive ones. And now I have added upon my life.   So you now go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts