Sugar Free and Other Crap...

Sugar free and other crap….Okay, so all my (okay maybe all is a bit overdramatic) but some of my friends that have enjoyed the mid-life fluffy thighs and tummy are now on a sugar free diet. Fine. Do it and see if I care. I don’t  care that they look fabOlicious. I really don’t care. So what if they have dropped poundage and are tan looking with new coifs that seem like they are reinventing themselves to the max. I have bigger problems then skinny minny friends that have reinvented their lives and now are making mine  miserable because now I either have to join them or decide to do the “starvation” diet, which I am fundamentally opposed too as I enjoy food too much to dispose of it so ideally. OR I could decide to do a “laxative” diet which doesn’t sound very pleasant at it’s deepest root. So I will see if I can commit to no sugar. I bet you I can last at least 24 hours! Oh, how I long for the days when fluff was super sexy and chicken legs were abhorred. Oh, well, such is life. I guess I will have to give Jillian another try. (work out video.)


So, I witnessed my eldest graduate from High School. Talk about needing to consume large amounts of sugar! She asked if I cried at all during the graduation ceremony. I replied to her query that I teared more then a little bit but knew I had 2 more months with her and that gave me solace. It has given me pause about families though. The boy-cub said to me, “Mom, isn’t funny how hard it is to be with family (extended) but when we do get it finally together we have fun?” We all know how important families are. Story that was shared about a “gal” who was so rich that she got her hair done twice a week and didn’t really allow grandkids over because they might “hurt” her things. Long story short. Diagnosed with cancer and decided shopping and hair care didn’t matter so much anymore. Families. Guy, that is all that matters in the world. Yes, riches, thinness, vacations, nice cars are super duper amazing. But lack if there isn’t love ones to share all in. 


So I will give away the sugar for a day, hug my grad a few million times, and give thanks for the peeps that are in my life. Okay, check, done. Go and do.
My grad before the million more hugs!


P.S my boy reprimanded me for using a swear word.
(yes,  c-r-a-p is a swear word in our home. darn’ t. )






Comments

Popular Posts