My Mama Rules

My mama rules by Riv. Okay, so I had a sweet friend, Erin, comment that she wanted to know what I did to raise lovely people. First, they came like that and I just got lucky. But then I have been musing on what things that I would pass onto those chiclets of mine when they become parents and have Littlies of their very own. So here it goes by hook or by crook:


1.  Love them to the moon and back and tell them you do everyday.
2.  Be a friendly mother not a “best friend mother”.
3.  Create freedom within boundaries that YOU have set.
4.  Remember they are yours to raise & praise NOT yours to control & take out      your frustrations on.
5.  They so very much want to adore you, so honor that by living up to it.
6.  Absolutely any question can be asked safely but not every question should         get an answer.
7.  What you teach them when they are Littlies will be the teenager they become. What you teach them as a teenager will be the adult that they will become.
8.  Indulgence is ugly.
9.  Their life failures & accomplishments are NOT YOURS.
10. Their lives are not fodder for others. 
11. You ARE THEIR ONLY PROTECTOR & CHAMPION. ACT LIKE IT-Go against family, friends, neighbors if it is in protection of their physical, spiritual, emotional well being.
12. Love is UNCONDITIONAL.


So, this coming week I want to take each rule and expand on it a little. So tune it and go get an ICEE as it is freakin’ hot outside!


Go & Do the rules.





Comments

Popular Posts