I Am Just A….

I am just a…..did I hook you?  Are you teeming to know what the rest of that statement is? Well, I have fake nails on. Went to the salon on a whim and had white tips put on and have the fake beautiful acrylic nails and they are looking nice. Sort of. It is just not me. I am a cotton wearing, mascara only, flat wearing kind of girl. I love the gals that can glimmer and shine. They run 10 miles and do not break a sweat, they have matching everything and look flawless without effort. I always have bed-hair. I don’t get it. I want to be that smexy gal pal. But atlas it seems all my creative effort flows into decorating the home. To view me you would never know my accomplishments because your attention would be diverted to my feeble attempt at being smexo. The jeans folded up once (very vogue) and the Old Navy sandals and then the misfitting tee with a bangle or two along with smeared mascara and hair that doesn’t sit right at the back of my head. Ah. How can I get my outsides to reflect my insides on a budget? That is the question. Back to my feeble attempt at being “coiffed female” by getting nails. I text horribly at best and so when I first got these long nails I was attempting to text a friend and it came out very wrong as I missed the keys that I thought I was hitting. Her reply back to me “Are you drunk??”

It’s the very things that make my “heros” look so great that I cannot seem to manage. The fake nails, the tanning, the length of time to do hair. I want to be that cheerleader in life. I would even take the “girl next door” award. But atlas as I grow older in life instead of being that stately older lady, I am a freaking mess with too big of t-shirts and bed head. Dang the Devil.  But as I long in my perfectly decorated living room in those mismatching sweats, I will find solace. So here is cheers to those amazing women who look great, to those sweat pants wearing Walmart-ers, and those gals who are going to gnaw off their acrylics just so they can text. Hey, haven’t you heard? It takes all kinds to rule the world!

Go and Do.

Comments

Popular Posts