Yes, she believed...

“Yes, she believed God loved her. But if this whole fiasco was His idea of love . . .”
― Lauraine SnellingValley Of Dreams


Yes, it is one of those trying days that have been peppered with happy days that surrounded this very moment. I had a great opportunity for a once in a lifetime adventure fall through. Tears well up every stop light and even chocolate cannot fix the cracks. The Prince Charming is doing what most men do when they cannot fix “it”, they do anything from justifying why it is okay, putting band aids on a gusher, and then checking out and not believing you are still upset after 1/2 a day! No one can ever prove to me that men and woman are equal. My teen however, pats on the back and “so sorry mom.” No fixing, no justifying, just compassion and knowing the loss is great. Yeah girl power. 

It is hard when moments come and “loss” of what one really wants for the greater good of the family. I feel like I do that alot….I think all women feel that. We give to the “greater”. And it is a wise move. A grown up move. And yet I often wish that being grown up and making the right decisions weren’t so….well…grown up mandatory. You know what I mean. I have lovely friends and family but this is the type of “loss” you take on the chin and deal alone. Processing through the clearance aisle of Target while putting tons of non-needed stuff in the basket to feel better…for the moment. 

But isn’t that the flow of life? Get over stuff quickly as possible and do not marinate in it. Have a quick trip to Target, eat two slices of cheesecake and go on. I did. It helps.

A little.

Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts