Mint Leaves and 7-Up

Mint leaves and 7-up...Umm.. it what I have to say. I think what can I put out there that is worth anything. And then a thought occurred. I can talk about the weather changing, the four carpools a day, finishing a house to move into….oh did I mention we put our house up for sale and sold it within 5 days? We had hoped to build and so moved into a rental that was home and hearth for a Mr. Veeder for over 50 years?! Well he and the Mrs. had a very unusual way of decorating. You can almost see what decade it was in each room. 1970’s carpet in the entry, soft 80’s maroon in the living room, 90’s berber in the kitchen. He was a wood worker, and as I am found of saying, he had 30 years of retirement to work on his house. There is real wood siding, veneer siding, what-the-heck-kind-of wood is this siding. But despite all that it is a comfy home and serves us well. We though have found a brand new house about 15 minutes from here and are finishing the basement before we make a move in date! So since the month of August, we got our home ready to sell, showed it, sold it, found  a rental, moved our 2900 sq foot home into a small rental almost by ourselves (Befs where there!) into a very MUCH smaller home, started 3 children in school, and our eldest started College. That peppered with ALL the other things life gives….it was a very hard summer. But you know what they say, “that which doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” It didn’t kill me but almost.  

So, our gal that is a Jr in High school, who loved her school and had many a friend, make the grown up decision to start at the “new” High School in which we are moving. We have been hauling her to school every day. But we are excoriating proud of her for making this move early and embracing something that most children wouldn’t.

So, um, that is all I had. So I am going to share with you what my College age child showed me. The perfect non-alcholic drink for parties:

-7 up
-Lime slices
-Mince real mint leaves

Put together in a glass pitcher and serve! It is a great way to “party” up any meal! 

Go and Do …...

Comments

Popular Posts