Queen of the Castle

Queen of the Castle is what I keep telling my own little family is what and who I am. The problem? I have been telling them I am one but not acting like I am one. Meaning? Sometimes, some all the time, we decide that others have a better compass of understanding then we do ourselves. Example? Sure, would love to offer up a few. My friend is  dealing with a very traumatic and sensitive issue with a child of hers. What I heard in conversation is that she would have this child speak to a friend who is close to the family and see if the friend thinks said child should see a counselor. Say what? I have another acquaintance who is struggling with issues with someone who is like a family member to her. She is unsure as to what is okay to say to this person concerning a conflict. Um. Okay. So let me tell you where I am getting too again in me ol' life. I am the queen. I don't mean I have to be a pill to deal with. It just means what I need I make happen. So if I require the children to go to bed at 8:oo p.m. then no matter the arguments....I took a nap/I am not tired/etc....I still need them in bed and so to bed they go. I have rules that I want and require in my life. But as women, sometimes, we feel that requiring others to adhere to the basic rules of life we need to go forward isn't okay for us to ASK or REQUIRE. We become not the Queen but the servant. We adhere to the "external" voices that people voice to us regarding the things/rules we need. We don't want to make waves, we want peace at all cost, maybe their way IS better. We do not have faith that we have the right idea, decision, rule. We have a internal compass that we dismiss when others voice a different opinion. Gals, just know that you are the queen. What you think is more right then not. It is okay to be forceful and get your way because you can rule your Kingdom in a way that will make it prosper. You can make a decision and yes others will (WILL) try to get you to change, label you a name, try to dissuade you with words. Live like a Queen and you will become one. It is okay to have a voice. It is rightful that you follow your compass. Peace at all cost is just another way of saying you aren't willing to fight for it.

Queen for a life time....get yourself a charm, a crown, a poster, anything to remind you that you have power within.
Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts