Served Up With a Steaming Hot….

Served up with a steaming hot cup of coco is advice that I give to any and all who care to share with me their journeys in this masterful lives that we live. So as I “thunk” on what would be a topic to share today, I came up with nothing. Not just nothing but zero. No sage advice, witty comebacks, popular sayings even tried to come to my mind.

So I thought of maybe sharing a bit of my journey to you into the DIY abyss. (Do It Yourself.) I have purchased a new home, well will sign in 10 days, and though it is new it is without my “print” on it.
So I have been taking pictures and will journal as soon as we move in. But right now I want to share my “past journey”. We decided to put our home on the market and decided to freshen up the kitchen. It took a thing of paint, a jar of stain, a little bead board and a few days. We originally took our “maple” cabinets and painted them a light red and then took black stain over it. But we need to freshen our little kitchen.  This two days before going on the market. You cannot tell but I had painted my pantry door black, much to the chagrin of my better half, and put a vinyl saying of “pantry” with the papyrus font. Then after painting the cupboards white we took a brown stain and gently put on and wiped off right away. This helped it not look so “flat.” Then we took bead board and wrapped the “island” or area around the sink. (You can barely see it on the last pic.) And on the edge of the cabinet by the stove. The last pic is before we moved out, that very day, so no little fun decor but still you get the idea!

I share this because oft times when my life starts to feel “moldy” or stagnate, I redo my living space. We all want to be challenged and on the go. Some of us feel that is “all we do” whilst others feel like all we do is stay still. I am a firm believer of making your “space of living” an exterior of your interior. If your feeling stuck make a change. I know some who say “well what if it doesn’t look good?” “What if we decide to sell?” what if, what if……just try it. I have painted, redone, pulled off, scraped away tons of projects but the point is I did the projects. This little kitch was maple with a white door on the pantry and blue countertops when we bought it.  And a measly plastic cafeteria light with white appliances. We put on new knobs, track lighting, bigger sink, new faucet, painted, new counter which was extended to make a bar (cannot tell) . It was worth it though….love your space and it will help calm your spirit, I promise!
go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts