Snow and Lilfe...

Snow and life….sometimes,especially the last few months, I feel like life is a zillion snowflakes wafting down in the early eve. There are flakes surrounding me and I reach my knitted mittens out to try and contain all that is falling down towards me. And just as I feel I have grasped a handful of what life is wafting at me…wa-la,I open up my hand to see that which I thought I had contained…... melted. 

I feel that way about life. But what I love are the moments that bring you back to not focusing on catching the flakes but looking up in wonder that all that life is throwing at you. Instead of managing the myriad of things coming AT you just embrace the things you can manage such as the taste of snow on you tongue or the snow angel your about to make. 

I want me to focus on the good things that come into my life. Those things I love. Such as seeing someone offering money to a homeless person who has asked for a contribution. Or when I see an old man (g-pa is what we call them!) opening a door for a young woman and the kind interactions between the two different generations. I love seeing a small child wrap their small arms around the neck of their momma and laugh. I love when I see couples hold hands as they walk across an icy parking lot. I love when neighbors stop by with home made treats to show you love! I love looking out the window and seeing Christmas lights twinkle in the dark. I love the planning of family dinners. I love playing games with my family at the table. I love getting details of my daughters dates. I love to hear about my son and his Xbox games no matter that I don’t understand one iota. I love folding laundry of those I love. I love going to the outlet mall with all three of my girls. I love texts from my friends who trust me enough to share their trials. I love Christmas music wafting through the house. I love the twinkling of the tree. I love the g-pas who dropped by some delicious cold apples in a white gift bag for us. I love when I finally send off all the Christmas gifts even though they won’t get there by Christmas…hey it’s done! I love to receive text from my children that say they love me. I love when children who are not mine call me “Mama Riv.”I love when our stupid dirty paid off van is only $300.oo to fix instead of more. I love to vacuum my new house. I love that my marriage age child is dating a good boy who I like an awful lot! I love my good hub who works hard to provide for us instead of just for himself. I love the Grinch and Family Stone movies and watching them cuddled with Prince Charming. 

So tonight as I look out to the sky, snowflakes or not, I will choose to be grateful for the good things that fall my way!
Go and Do.

Comments

Popular Posts