Contentment....

Contentment...it is the feeling I have had for a whole 48 hours. Just that feeling that where you live is great, your friends are amazing, your family is united. And everything is just grand with little stress or sense of need. Two whole days! If life could be like this in chunks of weeks, I would NOT have thick thighs!

I had two of my darlings arguing and not having family love a few days back and it was frying my last nerve. I, before the argument even began,  had skipped eating dinner as I had felt full already. By the time the disagreement had come to a close, I had eaten two bowls of pasta and a slice of Pecan pie!!!! So this sense of contentment has come just in time before I ballooned up to a Veruca Salt size after eating the four course meal gum. (From Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.) Think I am a stress eater?

But back to contentment. I realized that this feeling is addicting. I love feeling right with the world. So the question I ask myself is if this contentment is internal or external? Has my life come to a place where I have removed most things that create stress for me or is it that the world is snowed in and that requires little of me to do?
(Yes we got over a foot and a half of snow in the last 24 hours.)

So food for thought for the day. Go and do and be content atleast for a little while.

Comments

Popular Posts