Creative Due to the Creator.....

Creative due to the Creator.....I have a wedding for my sweet eldest to plan and it is on a budget. I am okay with that as I would be thrifty with my monies with or without a budget. I don't like to  give my money away. I like it nestled right next to me in the bank. So, I have been on my knees asking for the ability to see things as they may be not as they are. I hope my pleadings are heard but I already see a bit of inspiration. For example, I was at the Mecca of all craft stores-Hobby Lobby- or the Hob as we call it. (This was months ago!) I bought for just a few dollars  two pieces of "art". They had a vintage picture on top of barn wood contained in a frame. My original idea was to  put it in the Theatre Room as art deco. They were the same picture but I felt they would look cool stacked over one another on a wall. But my theatre room is not finished and they just sit on the floor in the storage room. So I , with the help of the young soon to be bride, painted the inside of the frames white leaving the dark stained frame untouched. Then I am going to stencil and Mr. on one frame and a Mrs. on the other and use it to decorate the wedding. It is things such as this that I ask for. I find that I am usually a "minimalist" at heart and so it is only when I concentrate do I get some imaginative ideas. I also found this amazing large tall urn like glass vase that stands about 24 inches tall at the thrift store for $4.oo. I then found a "P" (soon to be last name) silver ornament with encrusted diamonds from the Hob for mere pennies. I am going to use burlap and a ribbon and tie the letter around the vase. Then we will use a chalkboard to say "Honeymoon donations." This will be fun and allow those to rid themselves of change and the young couple to have some "mad money" to spend on their first vacation as a couple. I am in the midst of trying this all out. I have a few months before it all has to be pulled together and then I will post pics. 

We all, me friends and I, have reminisce about our own weddings. Now again, due to religion , our ceremony is sacred and private and so we don't have the full walk down the aisle. But we do our best to make the reception good.  But when we all were getting hitched there was no Pinterest or blogs. Our mamas had to be creative and they were more into glass grapes hanging from crocheted baskets. And pastels such as peach and blue. There were fake flowers and white pillars and did I say peach and lots of it? So our generation is setting the  bar higher then our tomato canning mothers. It is a challenge.

The saga is that due to budget constraints of our new little almost wedders ---they had originally opted to marry sooner, cupcakes at a gymn maybe and keep the remaining wedding budget. But as the Creator gave creativity to them, they postpone the wedding for a few months to save their own cash-ola and then use the wedding budget for .....well...the wedding. Round robin. But isn't that how our inspiration works? We get an idea that leads us to another idea that leads us to another idea. It is like a thread that we can only follow by inches until we arrive at the very best solution. The prize is that the solution is always so amazing even though the journey to get there isn't always fun.

So go and do and ask the Creator for some mama Riv inspiration....I know I am!

Comments

Popular Posts