I Love A Story....

I love a story whether it is words pressed onto a paper, actors creating a visual presentation,or a family/friend sharing a bit of their lives. I love stories. There is something that takes place within my mind when a story begins. Characters pop up and as the story is relayed the pictures in my mind begin. I become invested with the story in which I can barely ever go without an ending no matter how badly the story is presented. 

I often cannot put down a book or stop a movie without knowing what the purpose of the tale or how the characters end up in life. I will often, if it is a terrible, skip much of the book (or  movie) to the end just to satisfy the need to know. Other stories touch and change me. The characters stay with me and I think on them. Characters, in books and real life, can change throughout the allegory. I had someone in my life that I really adored and thought highly of. But as his true nature was revealed by himself and others, I began to think of him as not a hero but a villain. Not a friend but someone to be avoided. The presentation was a facade and what lay underneath was not cream and custard but mold and cabbage.....okay the cabbage was mean as I really love cabbage but I want the "visual."....sorry cabbage.

What prompted this "bit of bitter diatribe"? I was captured by a movie called "The Words." (SPOILER ALERT) The roles were played to perfection. The interrelationships were cared about. The story within a story left little room for deep details but still one wanted to have winners and wanted and cheered for the "happily ever after" scenario. So here is the spoiler so do not read if you want to see the movie. I will wait if you need to turn off your computer and walk away. Okay here we go...the end has no end. I dislike not having closure. I do not believe in story telling that leaves you hanging. Ofcourse when a friend or family share their lives trials, it is like waiting for the next chapter. But atlas there is always an ending.

So now that my children have come into my office and need me I must divert from this just ranting to ranting and give it no ending............no morale........no conclusion.

The End.


Comments

Popular Posts