My Pie Gone....

My Pie gone is my littlest who is off on an adventure with school. She is a mere 10 years old and was unable to sleep due to the quest of sorts that she got to leave on today. Her school offered a overnight camp cabin experience complete with snow shoeing. Her little eyes were wide awake when I ventured into her room at 6:45 a.m. to awake her to ready for the day. "Oh mom I was waiting for you to come get me. I would peek out the window to see if our neighbors were up and if it was time." Do you remember when young that some of the most mundane or trivial things were an adventure to behold? I remember not sleeping the last day of school so excited for the summer and all it had to offer. The excitement of children is enduring.

She had a little stress that is indicative of us all at one time or another. She had a substitute for school the other day. "I am nervous mom because substitutes are boring because they don't  plan a lesson." "Sometimes they are so young like 18, 19, or 20." "You know sometimes they are twenty for like three years if you understand what I am  saying." Yes, my love, I have met people who are like twelve for their whole adult hood. So I get it. 

I share this because you don't have to be a child lover to get what her premise of communication is. We all long for a quest, adventure, excitement and we often meet those who , my famous words to the children, "are adults but not grown ups." 

I miss my girl already who wouldn't even be home from school yet. But I appreciate the things she conveyed to me today without meaning too. I need an adventure of my own soon and I think, just for today, I will act like an adult but not as a grown up.

Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts