No Comment....In the Comment Box

No Comment....in the comment box. So a friend of a friend of a friend, you get the picture, has a very successful blog. I even happenstanced upon it and found the "how to" and "before and after" quite informative. It was replete with pictures and fonts of varied colors. I liked it. I approved of it and gave it a bit of envy even! So the proprietor of this blog was complaining to a friend of a friend that she was concerned that maybe her blog wasn't doing well because people never left comments! Well with the advent of twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, email, etc etc, who has time to  leave comments? She wondered if she was getting to her readers and if they were appreciating the things she was doing. But isn't that life? We work hard, we mother, we wife, we work, we clean, we serve, we help, we nurse, we organize, we decorate, we counsel, we care give. And we find that hardly anyone leaves a comment in OUR "Comment Section."

Wouldn't it just be grand for someone to come to us and "comment" how wonderful we are? I say yes. My comment box is just waiting for my parents to tell me I was a "golden child." My siblings to say how they cannot live without me! My children to say how much they appreciate me changing my life's path to incorporate them in it. I would love to hear Prince Charming to say my thick thighs are amazing. I would love to hear that I am such an amazing neighbor to live near and that I am a genius with words. I would love to have someone say my style is unique and that I matter here on this earth.
I would love to be heralded at church as the go-to gal. I would love the comment box to be brimming with all the things that buoy me up and say that I am good enough.

But I realized that my "box" can be filled by me. Yes, I said by me. I can fill my box with my own self talk. I can say my thighs are thin compared  to (some) others, the path change for the children was worth it, I was a golden child even if my folks wouldn't say it (smile), I like my words and I hope others do too, I do have my own style and I do matter. I am not the go to gal or cannot answer how I am as a neighbor but I wouldn't mind living next store to me. (I am nice and generally clean.)

So I am filling up my comment box with the talk to embraces my own individuality and not tearing it down. I am  counting the things I do well and not the things I am not succeeding at. My comment box is filling up as we speak at how I am achieving at some thing in my life.

Go and do and fill up your own comment box!

Comments

Popular Posts