Quarantine ………...

Quarantine….Yes, I have been in the homestead bed for 6 or 7 days straight. Well that isn’t true, I ventured out a few times and wondered how I made it as the mad brain freeze took over and I wasn’t sure what I was saying or even IF I should be saying it….you know the “fever talk.”

So last week I had a lovely Italian dinner and a sweet evening with the fam. By midnight I was hunkered over a bowl, begging the Gods to allow me to expunge my food or at least cause instant death. Now let me tell you the only time I have really ever threw up in my adult life was during pregnancies. No other time. So you can imagine my disbelief when the flu hit so hard that I was wrapped in a hole filled sweater retching and praying for my own demise. By morning I was in bed surrounded by tissues, bowls, Theraflu, I pad and cell phone. The days were hazy and filled with moaning, fevers, and Netflix. I , with a few exceptions, stayed in my room for days. I caught up on every series available and became engrossed in “Wicked Attractions” and “Married to the Mob.” All about death….I am sure Freud would have a field day with that. I assured everyone that when the day came that I was so sick of my room that I wanted to burn it then all would know I recovered. That day just came today. I got up and actually got dressed, coifed, and went out. I did have a moment at the store where I was more aggressive then warranted and was reprimanded by a sales clerk. That was the “flu fever” doing it….I had no mental responsibility for that. 

So now the flu has gone the way of the birds and I have a wedding to plan. (Yes, my oldest is doing the “do”.) 

Go and do and avoid the flu as much as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts