Drama, Drama, Drama.....

Drama, drama, drama....ah to be a teen again...okay not really. Me little one was whisked off to a unplanned school trip and came home minus a few less peeps that she can count on. Guy. How do you teach your (fill in the blank, child, husband, self, friend) that betrayal happens, trust is lost (sometime forever other times just for a minute) but that doesn't mean you have to be lost too? 

Ah it brings back a time when I was a twenties type gal and married with one girl papoose. I had gathered some fine gals from the local church to come over and find inspirational ways of raising  up said littlies. One strong (I mean pot-stirrer really) started in on the gossip train and wouldn't take the mere hints of mine to stop. This was MY group and in my home and as she belonged to a different group and party crashed ours, I felt somewhat entitled to put a stop to this. As I tried kindly to abate the mean things said about other church people, I came to realize that there "aint no stopping' her." So I became "bottom line" and asked her to stop as this was not the time or place. You couldn't believe it but the room temperature dropped by 40 degrees in a split second. "Jeri-Ann" was the hub of the church community and she could break or make you. Just saying'. She abruptly left and her few admirers let me know that I was wrong no matter what her actions had been. And then some discreetly said they agreed with me but were not willing to endure the wrath that was sure to come my way. Others remained stoic and then left for home only to call me later and say "You were correct in what you said but you shouldn't of said it to her." Well, if you know me then you know I don't always do adhere to caution when I believe in what I am standing for. To heck with them. I had a few females that were not under the "spell" and "had my back." That scenario happened mid week. By Sunday, my phone that normally lite up more times then I wanted, remained silent. Not a peep. And then Sunday came. My Prince Charming had a ton of homework (he worked full time, school full-time) and needed to stay home that day to catch up on some much needed school. So I left my babies and walked into the Chapel of the church feeling very solitary. Now normally when I arrived there on Sundays there was chattering and hugs and gossip of the nice sort and often I was a little rude and spoke with the "girls" until the "Bishop" got to the podium to quiet us down. It was clear that this was not to happen on this day. I walked in and not one person of "that" group spoke to me. I sat on a long, I mean LONG, pew all by MYSELF. Not a word was spoken to me but eyes seem to bore into me. I had to realize my strength that day and KNOW that I was there in that pew for one reason and one reason only.......Jesus Christ. I found who I was that day. I also learned a life lesson that I hold dear to my heart. IF you STAND up for what is right you will ALWAYS have backlash by those who , for many reasons, feel lessen  by your stance. But just because they FEEL less doesn't mean you have to feel less. I stood alone for three hours that day and I mean literally alone. But I knew I wasn't alone, I had my Father there. But that day was a start of a brand new life. After a few weeks some came back to be my friend. But by not being in that "group" I opened myself up for new friendships. I found a bestie from the new people I was forced to meet. She brought bread for my birthday. 

So my little one who is suffering right now. Be proud for standing up for the right. And know that the nature of this Universe is to give back to fill the void of what was loss. My life was abundant after that Sunday as yours will be soon. 

Go and thank the Universe for always filling the void of loss.

Comments

Popular Posts