Marter-dee

Marter-dee is how I feel sometimes. I don't like being that way but when you are a partnership in a family venture,well, sometimes the madre gets the short end of the proverbial stick. May I share? It is a feeling not specific to only mothers but sometimes when the job is 24 hours and the President isn't assisting in the way one feels that company should be run, then matter-dee rears it's ugly head. Okay, I really mean martyrdom but that is such a tacky word for how one feels at this moment. (K, we all know I am speaking about myself but if I generalize then I can correspond thoughts guilt free.) So take it with a bit of chocolate. And hang on for a ride.

I got up this  morning and serviced everyone with their needs. This after not sleeping so  well for the last few weeks. I have a youngest having a birthday today so after tying smarties on pencils and taking me highschooler to school and paying for an FFA trip to Cali, taking our Jr Higher to school and sitting with dad and him doing unfinished homework, and then taking my elementary to school as she missed the bus doing birthday "hair do", I was feeling good about my service. Then the old prince charming needed some stuff done. Check. But wait.....Then my sweet oldest needed a cabbie to a job interview 3 cities away. We hopped in the Van-go and found that we had a wee bit of time and stopped off at the Piggly Wiggly.  By this time every morsel of left over time was spent so I shooed her off to the interview and finished up my shopping and said I would gladly wait for her. Done 5 minutes after she left. I found a seat and played games on the phone. Well after about 45 minutes, I was tired of sitting and thought I would go outside. It was a bit breezy. Then a bit cold and breezy. I slowly made my way in-between the sliding doors only to be pushed back into the store due to freezing snow storm that reared it's ugly head with really, yes I mean really, freezing temps. So I found a seat near the doors and peopled watch for another hour and a half!!!  My little one couldn't help but hurry as she was interviewing but by the time she arrived I was frozen, tired, and ready to eat something as it was 2:30 p.m. by then. I called the President and asked him to gather all of our employees to do homework and clean house as the birthday party is this evening. He promised if I would rent a particular  movie available at yet another place. I would, I committed, after I ran to Costco to get a cake and rolls and then spend another hour at the Dress-makers for the wedding dress to be altered. And cram a cross bun down my throat for sustenance. That would be so apt. As when I arrived at home the working staff had not been a working staff but a lazy staff. I had to finish decorating, put away groceries, get dinner out of the freezer and yell at everyone to get stuff done. Alternating between all of them. I am now super tired, cross, and ready to quit the team. Sometimes I feel that people think since you have breast, yes I did say breast, that you should know and do everything. (Maybe I should have thought out eating cross-buns because I am pissy at the whole clan.) No homework, no jobs, nothing, zilch, nada, crap-ola. Dang these breast. So if you ever feel like a Marter-dee or that your breast seem to indicate that you "should just know" or that you have consumed hot-cross-buns and are angry. . .It's okay. It is just being part of the corporation called Life. Mama said there would be days like this......she just didn't go into detail.

Go and do.....and happy birthday to my youngest!

Comments

Popular Posts