Pantry Shopping

Pantry Shopping....So we are reminiscing with our lil' Bean girl and sharing the horror stories of being out of on our very own when we were sudo adults. I worked and went to school so my budget to live on with rent, etc, was minuet to say the least. I , oh my age is showing, use to go to Taco Bell every day for lunch. They had some sort of special that for 1.50 (memory?) you could purchase two WHOLE burritos and a soda. So in the mornings I would start off with a snickers bar and a Mr.Pibb. (cola) Then by lunch time I would have scraped up all the dimes/quarters/pennies I could find and race off to TB for the daily special. Dinner consisted of a 25 cent chicken pot pie. I would wash that down with another 25 cent Tab budget permitting. I was a stick figure with the beans and cola serving as the main source of food intake. But there was respite and that came in the form of my mama's pantry. I would go home to visit a whole two cities away and bring an empty grocery bag. By the time the visit was over, I had a full tummy and a full grocery bag. 

Mr. Prince Charming said, "Oh I just know that when the kids leave they will be back raiding our food-storage just like you did." (I noted the accusation, does it stem from jealousy---me thinks yes.) I said that is called "Pantry Shopping." Prince replies that no "it is called stealing." Well whatev' you choose to call it, it is wonderful. 

My goal is to have a food-storage that you  could literally just shop in....now it may take years, but a goal is a goal no matter how grand and I am embracing this one..."Mama Riv's Pantry" is now open for business.

Goandshop Mama Rivs.

Comments

Popular Posts