Then Scene....

Then Scene.....we say that a lot in this abode called home. It is often said by the younger crowd after receiving a ineffectual lecture by said older folks. It is not said disregardful but a mere nudge to say they "got it" and we as old tarts (yes I said tarts, the other word doesn't sit well with me. What can I say, I should have been a Southern Lady) can stop anytime our diatribe at our leisure as they blocked our voices out sometime ago. 

But that isn't what I am blogging about today....nay...it was just a filler and a way to have a different sort of Title. (Bad Riv.)

Today I am quoted from a "old" movie meaning not for those under 30 years old type not "time" old. I would never have appreciated the "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel for the Aged and Beautiful" movie until my hands started looking wrinkled and I started worrying about age spots. But since that has happened, and believe me you, IT WILL happen to you at some time. I watched it and was enthralled with the saying "It will all work out in the end and if it isn't working out it isn't the end."

Now, I have mentioned this before but as I see the many struggles my peers, children, hey-even myself, endure, I choose to reflect on that saying that "it all works out." 

I see that life is usually "rose-colored-glasses" until we are about 12 years old. We have optimism and happiness and hopefulness. Then we figure out that boys and girls are different, mom/dad aren't as heroic as we had believed, people can be mean just to be mean, that being a doctor/fireman/lawyer/1st woman President may not really happen. We start to worry about what others think about us and the female type start growing breast that now will define us forever. We start to have an inkling of the struggles our parents have and that maybe this world is equally wonderful and horrible at the same time. But if we hold on to "it may not be the end" attitude and that our trials, sucky as they are, will end well eventually. 

Hey, I am preaching to the choir, I know. You all want and try to live a positive life. I know that but feel like revisiting it anyway.

I thought I was going to die for three years. Not literally. I thought for all the trials that came my way that there was no way I was going to survive it. One way or another I was sucked on from the "Trial Vampire" and really felt the need (ON A DAILY BASIS) to overcome the desire to get in the Vango and drive away from my problems that left me bone dry. I wanted out. I felt so mired deep into the daily trials that popped up and the more I tried to be positive and overcome the harder things got. I was told things by special peeps in my life that I wasn't enough. Wow. Really? You gonna say that to me when I am in the gutter? Why not just kick me in the ribs and tell me I am an idiot? The trials with the judgement was speaking to the "Universal Woman feeling of inadequacies" and that was almost too much to bare.
I didn't think that life was going ever "work out in the end" and I hoped that I could just make it to the end.

But NOW life is good. It all worked out in the end for me. I know that many people think the "feel good and be positive" mantra is pure garbage. They hate the "feel good" gushy mushy idealism and think you have to be in the "trenches" to really  take trials seriously. I say bull-pucky. The trials in our lives are here to stay. No getting over it. They will come and go like waves on a shore. You pick up your boot-straps, get on your positive face and know that "it will all work out in the end, and if it not working out THEN it is not the end."

Go and do.......The end.


Comments

Popular Posts