Want Ads....

Want Ads....So I totally confess a new guilty pleasure that I indulge in periodically. No it is not the local main street business "Husband and Wife" replete with naughty niceties for the married folk. No it isn't. It is searching the want ads regarding the sale of used or unused finger wear. Namely rings. It is a little sad and a little funny all rolled into one. Late at night when I cannot sleep I may wander into the Thrifty Nifty ads and peruse the unloved, the disappointed, and the plain "I made a mistake" meanderings of the want ads of fine jewelry.

Literally, there are listings like "The ring was better then the bride."  "I need this moved on to a new owner so that I can move on."  "From previous marriage, no longer need." 
"He dumped me so I took the ring, his loss your gain." "I got a better ring so I am selling this one." The little snippets composed of a few little lines give me a glimpse into the lives of these unknown folk. (yes, it is a titch like voyeurism but in the privacy of your own home, so NOT like voyeurism.) Sometimes it is sad. Ads that tell you volumes by the confession that the ring has been in the gal's dresser drawer for 18 months and now she is ready to let go or the dude who used 3 of his paychecks up to pay for the gal that left him for another. Or the sister who confesses that said groom left right before the wedding and the only revenge is the sale of the token of their love is now on page 3 of the Thrifty Nifty. I can imagine the thoughts and in-my-head-conversations that occurred before the placement of the a price and a paragraph selling the jewels that once held meaning to these Tinkers. There was a service man that was selling to buy food, a gal selling hers for education, someone else trying to pay for bills way past due. Someone hawking their g-ma's jewels and another selling the ex's ring he forgot to take when he abandoned her. 

Aren't you tantalized yet? It is like peeking into windows at night as you drive by houses....but better! These souls out in the techno world sharing just a bit of their souls , not meaning too, but they have the minute the one line they unwittingly shared that spoke volumes. I love a good story and these want ads are minuet stories at literally a glance. So if your ever in the need for peeking into to a strangers' souls read the Thrifty Nifty want ads for fine jewelry. It is a life at a glance.

Go and voyeur ......the want ads!

Comments

Popular Posts