Luncheon Crowd...

Luncheon crowd...so someone commented, as I was regaling them with the ages of my littlies, that I am part of the "luncheon crowd".  Um, yes I am. Isn't that crazy that there is a label for everything and everyone?! So, as I explained to Prince Charming, it means that my family is old enough that I can go out with friends for lunch and not have a scheduling problem. No littlies at home, no Kindergarten pick up, no house cleaning to do....(that isn't as important as it was 10 years ago!) We have, at the LC age, a little bit more pocket money to go to lunch with. A little more need to see our "grown up" friends. More desire to just sit and visit. It is a very lovely time of life. Just sayin'. 

I have found that you see the world a bit different. Your Prince and you are settled, your dreams are smaller....you just want great things for your littlies and a cruise once a year. You start to think that the wonderful burden of motherhood is lessened because the children are becoming of age to be responsible for so much more. You do worry did you teach them enough? Did you sing to them enough and did you read to them enough? Did you teach them proper hygiene even though the teen-boy doesn't act like it? Did you give them a firm foundation in the belief of God? Did the lesson of forgiving others, letting go, knowing there is a greater purpose sink in? Will they remember the table manners, the thank you cards, and the need to be always in gratitude lessons? Will they stand tall knowing WHO they are? Will they not covet others because most of the time those others covet you? Do they remember that beliefs of what they see other's lives are ARE never true? AS in don't judge a book by its pretty cover! Did I actually say don't run with scissors and wear clean underwear in case of an accident? (I am not sure!)  

I know I have said, "Cowgirl up." "I am selling you to the gypsies."  "Your fired." I have said a million times that I "love you to the moon and back." And the famous "I am not asking, I am telling." I have asked them to ask "our Father in Heaven for answers." "Don't use the batter spreader to cook with." "Wash off the dishes before they go in the dishwasher." "Get over it." "Wear socks." "Say your prayers because Heavenly Father wants to hear from you." "Marry someone who loves your mama." "Remember WHO you are". "Who did this? NO one I am sure." 

Well if I didn't.....give enough lessons...I can always blog them to them.

Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts