Random Shoe....

So life hasn't been as kind as it could be lately. A lot of different things as spurred towards us, the clan, with a ferocity of strength with the intentions of knocking us to the ground....we are still standing thank you very much.

My little one inquired if I would by chance be up for a short jaunt around the block to spend some "quality time" as I had promised to do said thing on another occasion and never followed through. (Emotional blackmail at such a young age?) My, she was taught well. As we saunter around the "new" development with new houses coming in monthly we saw the occasional trash that is left behind when houses are erected. The random glove, the wood pallet, the coke cans, etc. What we encountered though threw me off a little. A work boot. A singular tan suede boot with shoelace still intact. It looked fairly new with the exception of one round hole at where one would assume the middle toe would fall. This one boot sat upright as if waiting for its owner to appear at any minute. Please tell me the story behind this!! One can imagine but how does a man of age....who else would own such a boot and work at such a job site w/o being more then 18 years old?....again, how does a man not know that his boot is missing? Does he go home with one boot and not notice until his wife inquires to the "missing" boot? Has he been drinking on the job? What made that hole? Was he somehow hurt on his foot and they took it off to rush him to the hospital? These are the questions that rush through my brain. I am concerned as to the wayward boot and what must have happened to the owner. A boot. Alone. No mate. What a sight this is and what the story is behind it. It is one of those crazy mysteries one will never know. But I must say that it made me feel better about my life. Atleast, I am not a wayward boot waiting at attention for who knows what.

Go and do and count your shoes!

Comments

Popular Posts