Thank You Daughter....

Not what I was going to blog about today but it is so wonderful when children grow up and venture onto their own lives but still include you! Mads is marrying a wonderful boy who is just like my own son. They are a wonderful couple and I can see far enough in the future to know that life is going to be great for them and that I will be included. Don't you just love your children?! I know I do! Thanks my eldest, I love you to the moon and back!

Should I be concerned my gal is a hacker? Um. Food for thought!

Okay, so here we are. I am going to compare life to my daughter's (Liv) room. It started out with an idea and a sort of expensive bed cover. Then it, meaning the room, lay stagnate for awhile and now, KaBoom! So she has been to this shabby chick-a-dee bakery in which she coveted the painted picture frames on the wall and the Chandler hanging from the ceiling. This restaurant was really the inspiration for her desired room. So we started out with a bed cover. We then acquired a wonderful headboard and bed for on the cheap side along with some pillows. It was the basic of the idea of "how" she wanted her little world to look like. Though still in the planning stages, when you saw her "world" at a glance you could see where it COULD go if headed in the right direction. Then... really nothing.....an ottoman, a bed and coverings but that was it.  We didn't have the budget for the things she really wanted or the time to do it. No budget, no time. We stopped creating her path and stood still just waiting. It has been about 4 months. The canvas was started but then absolutely frog in the buttermilk stand still.  Then that very restaurant  that inspired Miss. Liv and her desired abode, closed down. And our dear friend, serendipity, bought said bakery and gutted the whole thing. Bequeathing the various shaped mirrors, shabby chic frames, and coveted chandelier to our Liv. Miss. L path was cleared for her to continue doing what she wanted to obtain in her bedroom. It is still in progress mode but her path has a clearer vision now. That my friends is what life is like. We get stuck. We don't have time. We don't have the  budget. We are too_____(fill in the blank) to continue on our life's journey and often we grow stagnate. But alas dear readership.....life will fill in the blank if we want it too. We just have to have the vision and the patience that, though maybe not at this moment, our path will clear and we can move forward. In other words our chandelier will come someday. We just have to have the bedspread ready!

Go and do and wonder why I blog when I am soooo tired. 

Comments

Popular Posts