April and the Fool.....

April Fool Day.....I say fool because many of us are immune to the antics of those who falsify stories in order to create the adrenaline induced rants and sobs that come with the tom foolery of this day. My FB friend announced that her husband called her frantically with a ruse of a car accident. After an hour and a half of crying she decided that payback was in order. So she promptly had her renters call the offending husband down to fix a leaky pipe under the sink that, being a huge tall mountain of a man husband who is deathly afraid of snakes, her hub would bend down to a small nest of snakes. Live of course. She videoed it but he seemed to have a sense that something was amiss as he opened the doors under the sink. It may have been the crowd that had gathered and the camera running but atlas he did give a jump and lose some oxygen none the less.

I created the story of the bank being overdrawn. My Prince Charming, instead of exclaiming expletives of surprise, simply said well I will call and get it all straightened out. The offspring said in no mixing of words that this was the stupidest Foolery Joke I had ever tried. Unfortunately, they had a point.

So where does this tradition of deceiving our loved ones come from? Glad you asked.

Wiki says:

Italy, France and Belgium, children and adults traditionally tack paper fishes on each other's back as a trick and shout "April fish!" in their local languages (pesce d'aprile!, poisson d'avril! and aprilvis! in Italian, French and Flemish, respectively). Such fish feature prominently on many French late 19th to early 20th century April Fools' Day postcards

I did a copy and paste as I knew all would think this was a joke...............really "April Fish"????? Get out of town. So I read through the different countries and their beliefs on this day...........um boring. So I am forgoing the lecture on the history of fools....really you cannot get any better then tacking a fish on some unsuspecting person and shouting at the top of your lungs "April Fish".

So as I spend the day in my brightly covered pajama....not only is it Fool's day but also a declaration of Pajama Day was declared in the Coss home, no one got the memo but mama.......and send the boy off to a day of bike jumping, the eldest two off to work and the younest off with a friend for a day of trampoline and screaming at the top of their lungs for fun.....life is good I muse. Fool or not might be the question on everyone's tongue today. But I am no fool. I took this day.

Go and do...............something foolish.


 

Comments

Popular Posts