Hope OF America

Hope of America is a tradition in these parts for the last 18 years. Some gal had a idea of having all local 5-ers learn songs about America and sing them. I spent exactly most of my day with some of the fivers. 75 enclosed on a bus to be exact. I seriously thought my ears were going to bleed. The energy and noise level was sky high. Then we got lucky to eat cafeteria food out of a bag in a cold windy park. This after a few hours of practice of HOA. Between eardrums breaking, hair blown well...hair and the smells that accompany 10 and 11 years old, I wondered if I was going to make it. But then I realized the joy of being with my daughter was priceless. So I had a moment that I was sitting w/ my little on the bus and she was pointing out things we passed. I was texting, oh just not texting but doing IMPORTANT texting and missed some of the scenes. Then I realized this was our time....no one else's just mine and hers. I put the phone down and regretted the  moments I gave away to something that would not end the world. So I, duly chastised, started enjoying the time and loving the moments given to me.  Lucky lucky mom I am.

Go and Hope for America and  put the phone down for something infinitely more important then a stupid text.

Comments

Popular Posts