Bridals Oh My!

Bridals Oh My!  My eldest and I started off the day early. We hopped in the car with our hair pinned up and the most of casual clothes donned to accomodate a lovely day of getting ready for bridal pictures. Yes, the day is fast approaching for her to go from being a Miss to a Mrs. Tonight she was to be off to have bride/groom pictures taken. So today we started off early getting hair coifed/nails done/finishing touches for the big day. I didn't get to go with her for the actual pictures. But I stood silently at the kitchen door watching as she and her father pulled out of the driveway. I glimpse her sitting in the car with her bright white wedding dress encompassing her petite body amidst the sparkles that gleamed off her dress and seemingly reflected off her face. Her  dark brown hair was pinned up into a very classic bun and the intricate handmade veil was tucked under her "do." She was simply the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The only moment that rivaled this was the very moment she came into this earth and my eyes laid upon her. It is the exact same feeling. My cup runneth over. There was a look on her face that I find  indescribable. Serendity? Contentment? Joy? My eyes filled with water and I felt like a dam holding back the floods that threaten to push through. This will be my very last Monday that I do not have to "share" my baby girl. I will lose things this week. The chance to be her only "go too" person. I will be less "all knowing" and I will have to learn to share her. My place in her life is no longer gaurenteed. Her heart will be divided now and when babies come I will be squeezed out even more. I will be less "whole" and more "sliver" in her life. I will miss her presence in my life on a daily basis and decisions that "we" made will now be made without me. I wish her to be eight again. But that isn't life. So I hold tightly to the tears that so want to be released and I think of what I am getting instead of what I am losing. I am getting another child in my life, her husband. I am getting a family unit that will be forever in or on the cusp of my life. I will get to be a confidant in a way I couldn't be as a mum to a young girl.  I get a daughter that can speak as an adult to me and I to her. It is the same relationship that has a different look to it. So as I replay that moment of her backing out of the garage in all her glory, I give thanks and praise to the one that gave my life a journey that included this girl. And then I release the dam and pray for the safety of my fake eyelashes.

Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts