Highway Debris........

Highway debris.....So I am jutting out of my "hood" and I see a brightly colored lampshade sitting in the middle of the road. I then, upon driving, see a pile of glass almost as if a mirror shattered in one place. Upon traveling further down the road I see a "dumb bell" tossed to the side. This took me back to my freeway moments. A few days ago we were following my eldest and her hub to their abode. I saw a older fuller type grownuper man with a "Storm Trooper" bobble head doll on his dash. While I was digesting that site I noticed a woman going "to town" on a large orange-sicle. I thought silently what a silly world we are in. Then we drove by a man with a big hairy thing nuzzled up to his shoulder. With only a second to look, I had hoped it was a dog but my imagination could go wild on this sight. Then we come up to the window of my son-in-law. He had donned the girls fake hair and put it under his cap to look like a mullet. Long hair in the back, short in the front. He looked ridiculous. So much so a  motorcyclist swerved from staring at him.  It is funny what the world offers up if one is willing to look. 

When our eyes are open we see things differently. Me Prince Charming was at the drive-through ordering a quick meal and when he drove up to the window to pay, he was greeted by a gal who looked like she had been hooked on heroine. She illicit thanks to him for being so kind. She asserted that he would be shocked at how rude customers are to her and she just wanted him to know she appreciated his kindness. 

The daughter's wedding allowed so many to demonstrate their kindness. Many offered help. There were donations of skill and materials such as decorations, cake, photography, desserts.  The kindness was scattered like the lost treasures on the highway. 

When we open our eyes we get to see things differently. We get to see the random items on the freeway or provide random acts of kindness. When we behold things out of the ordinary, such as people on the highway, we can offer up help to those we are "now" seeing. 

The world has lost it's "filter". The world has closed it's eyes to others. So decide today you want to open up and see your fellow travelers. And the world that they live in.

Go and do and open those optics! You'll be a better person.....atleast you will be more entertained!

Comments

Popular Posts