Hydrangeas.....

Hydrangeas...So the wedding is over and the gifts opened and stored in their new apartment. The garage is almost cleaned up of all the decor used. Whatever left over food was eaten or we were so tired of eating it for every meal we garbaged it. The flowers have now all wilted and died. So life is returning to normal. 

One item I bought for the wedding, for what purpose I am befuddled (I just thought they were pretty), was a Hydrangeas plant. It was littered with bold light green blooms that had a mere hint of creme in it. They were beautiful and met the criteria of color for my home and hearth. I dig the limes and greens. The plant over took my large counter for weeks before the big day. It brought joy and anticipation of planting it after the festivities. The day came and went and very little of my Hydrangea was used. Oh well. It is still pretty. So one day, after seeing if it isn't planted now it won't survive, I just dug a hole in our clay soil and prayed for rain. The likely hood of it surviving low without proper soil and the wrong time of year to plant but I just did it. Didn't think about it. Just changed it from sitting in my kitchen all day to sitting in my front yard in hard soil. Three days later a change  happened. Yes they survived and are thriving. But the blooms are no longer green! The soil changed them. They are a white white well white with a hint of pink! They changed completely just because they were planted in a different location! 

Now the lesson of life. Our lives change depending on where we plant ourselves. What soil are we feeding our blooms? Where do we stand in the world? Our colors, if you will and even if you won't, are a reflection of what soil we live in. Deep right?

So today plant yourself in a good place and go and do....it's good to be back!

Comments

Popular Posts