Three Generations And I Am Gone...

3 Generations and I am gone...Sometimes there are thoughts that are presented to one who then can hardly digest the actual meanings of said thought. Brain cells work on overload to give a niggling of the full meaning. 

Here is the thought. . .”In less then 3 generations I will be nothing more then a picture.”

Get chocolate, believe me you will need it for this post.

My children will grow and eventually establish their own homes. If I /we/ us do it right then said pups will want us in their personal circle of love. (This applies to anyone who cares for anyone who is under the height rule.) If we are in their lives then their offspring will be around us and maybe will actually like us and they could even possibly grow to adore us. By that time though, we (Prince Charming and I) are old. 

I maybe young enough by then to not drool (highly doubt it as I struggle with that now every time Daniel Craig comes on the screen for Bond Movies) and may still have the capacity for a semi intelligent conversation……..um, nope cannot even do that now……to impress the great grandkidlets. 
But even then I am more of a picture sitting on the piano in a cheap frame that I gave them. Perhaps a glamour “shot” from my younger days will peer out to them and they will sort of see their eyes in mine. Their grandparents, my children, will tell them stories about me which in-turn their parents will remember just a few sporadic things about my life span. A few things here and there stuck in their locker of memories. 

Are you eating your chocolate or drinking your noon day “drink” as I have trudged you to too deep thinking that all of a sudden makes you think “why” am I alive to be a bad frame on someone’s piano someday?

Because in the world I (WE) can pass down better things then   a glamour shot. I don’t have to be in the world forever with some Donald Trump legacy. I can pass down values to the younger generation. I can pass down citizenship and honoring our country. I can pass down the ability to commune with nature and the deity who made it. I can teach 3 generations to  know who they are and lean on strength instead of fear. I can give 3 generations the ability to see good in others, accept what cannot be changed, cowgirl (or boy) up in face of adversity. I can show the value of education and pursuing one’s interest. I can show the value of marriage, God and country.

All of a sudden being a picture on a piano doesn’t seem so bad……except for the cheap frame part.

Go and do and effect the generations to come.


Comments

Popular Posts