Chump Change

Chump change.....sometimes it is the small changes in our lives that make the biggest of differences! I have a friend that I am so proud of. She decided that she was really done with her lifestyle. It, as she muses, was a change of heart not of mind. Profound! Why because it is often our head that has the list of logical changes that are required and a  strong feeling of repugnance towards the consequences of the choices we are making. But then to really make the changes is hard. For instance, I know that being fluffy can change if I would just exercise. My mind has logically figured out how to make a reformation of my body parts. I have acquired the items to make myself simply beautiful........tennis shoes (check) Jillian's Dvd (check) iPod (check) work out clothes (check). BUT my heart hasn't been in it. My head says go move work that booty! But my heart says just one more cookie and maybe a movie before I go. Head versus Heart. 

So back to my circle of love friend. . . she lived a life where chaos was her drug of choice. Comfort came with control of material things and insulation of home by stacks and stacks of things. A few years ago if I helped clean anything she would need to look at everything and decide exactly where this item should go. A wayward marble would have to be set aside to see what of her thousands of games it may or may not go too. Today those same marbles go in the trash without a second thought. Her heart changed. Not managing things has freed her. It has freed her to give love in ways that use to be hard for her. Instead of anger and fear she has an attitude of love and giving. It is lovely. 

Another one of my circle of loves had a conversation in which she is "at a party waiting for the next party." A fear of missing out, of making choices and it being wrong, etc. But we ended saying that she does miss out on things while worrying about missing out on things. A change of heart not of head. 

So I need to look deeper into the heart and less into the head. The head leads me by list, logic, and discussions. The heart leads just with the heart..............go and do and be lead by the heart.....it never leads you astray.

Comments

Popular Posts