Living In Love...

Living in Love…..is my mantra I have started with my children whom I adore. I was getting tired of the chaos that comes with being siblings in the teen and preteen years. I use to sit and listen to both sides and help decide who was right and who wasn’t and give the “life lesson” a go. Sometimes, when younger, I would tie their hands together and make them be friends for 30 minutes. Or they would have to write a newspaper article about each other. Well, guess what? I am too old to do that now. When the “you just….” or “Mom she…” starts I simply reply “live in love.” And then I turn away and go on my merry way!

It is because of a book I read. It says that love can turn away negative spirit/feeling. I belong to a religion that sends young men on a two year mission. One missionary was told that his companion was in the apartment and was battling a negative vibe/spirit/etc and that this young missionary was to go in and take care of it. Barely near his twenties he walks in to the apartment wondering how he was going to help his friend. He stepped in and decided to embrace him  with love. A hug that was steep in pure love. The negative vibe left. 

But isn’t that how we are? We are drawn to those who love us and show love. I have a friend, Julie, whom I have shared before. She gave me bread for my birthday. She didn’t really know me but wanted to reach out. She was a major comfort to me for years when I needed it. But it started with bread made from love. 

I think it starts with the decision to DECIDE what you want in life. Make a covenant with yourself and your higher-power that you want to see others the way they are NOT the way they appear. Children have this. Oft times, as a parent, we think children are struggling with one thing and come to realize it is something completely different. 

So, when my Maddie was a little tyke I had buckle her up in her car seat(I told this already). So circumstances were that it was raining and I was driving an old 50’s truck and Maddie was screaming the whole way home. I was so frustrated and scared as I was driving with barely working wipers that I was not kind in my words. I thought she was tired and throwing a tantrum. When I got home I realized her fingers had been stuck! Yes I felt one inch higher then scum on the bottom of ones’ foot. But it demonstrates that oft times we see people as one thing when really they are something else. 

So DECIDE to live in love and then go and do it!

Comments

Popular Posts