Nettling Nellie

Nett-a-ling Nellie....Have you ever had someone who is in your life wanting to direct you? Not in a mentor-god-like-I-want-to-be-them when I grow up way but the "wow do you really know what your doing" kind of way? I had someone tell me that in their family.....(fill in the blank....sister, child, mother, husband, friend) asked them if the lettuce in the garbage was really bad? Bizarre right? Asking them in a round about way do they really know what they are doing? Um. If it is sitting in the garbage the probability of it being no good is pretty high. Am I right? 

I just am not digging those who need to censure in a way that doesn't promote freedom and success but instead self doubt or control with fear. 

I know people.

People like to bring others down to their level. I once heard someone say "so they got money...." in response to a query regarding a situation in which I benefited from but didn't feel comfortable with. "Well it's not MY money" I replied. I was thinking just because they have a lot of cash doesn't mean it is mine to take advantage of. I can get my own cash cow sort of speak.

I have been thinking.  Why do we do that to each other? Why do we judge our fellow peeps in ways that aren't faith-you-can-do-it kind of way but we do it to make others equal to us. Dang, I don't care if you go on 5 cruises a year. I don't want that taken from you. I am happy for you. I do however wish I could go on at least one myself. I don't need to deduct from you to make me better.

I had someone in my circle write me with the statement that she read a blog directed at her. Up until today I have worked hard to not direct anything to those I love and have friendships with. I replied I had not an inkling of which blog she spoke of and wished to know of her intentions regarding her text. Was it to close up open wounds and find a friendship again or was it to hold me accountable for what she thinks I said about her? I got me an answer by her not replying back to me at all. That is the sucky thing about Face book....you get to see that they have read your words and it even adds the time. Technology, it is our best and worst enemy. 

So today think a little more about how our minds automatically go towards making an equal-playing-ground. Let's think a little harder of what we really want instead of always equalizing. Yep, sure someone can question the lettuce in the garbage but did it help build a relationship or destroy it? There are only two answers in life when it comes to others. Did we work  to build upon or work to deduct from. Go and do and decide to add too!

Comments

Popular Posts