So-Math, afterlife, and Mystery

So, the thing is….life is well interesting? You meet all who are headed toward the same direction but everyone seems to be taking different paths to get to the same place. Some limp along while others jet at high speeds. Some stop continually fighting the journey while others cannot get enough of it. Perspective as well varies. 

On Sunday we attended a class whereas the Teacher had somewhat of a Fire and Brimstone thinking. You live, you die, you go to these certain places and you may as well put up the mailbox because you are going to be there for a LOOOONNNG time. I kinda equate the “After Life” to Math. Yes, you read correctly, Math. I think some have a knack for it and some an extreme aversion. But we can all learn it. Some can barely  open a Math book and know Quantum Physics (that sounded smart, yay?) And others, such as myself, can breeze through addition/subtraction with little more then sweaty armpits. But we can all learn. So imagine a short 47 white haired lady not paying attention in Mathematical classes. Once the new year starts and  they place us (okay me) in the “beginners”  Math class, I have the opportunity to move up with my peers depending on how quickly I learn the lessons I had put off. BUT it will be hard because I am in with all the peeps who aren’t feeling too bad about the Beginners Class, if you  know what I am saying. It would have been much better  and easier to just learn the stuff when I had the chance instead of delaying my lessons. So, I believe, is the After life….we will all find the Math class we are comfortable with and move up if improvement is shown. It is just improvement might be a little bit harder there then here. Um. Just saying.

Now last night was a crazy night. My sonny Sam and Prince Charming went to Scout camp in the early a.m. sort of and the eldest girl home was arriving at Midnight from Drill Camp that very same day. Hanker-chief in hand, I bid goodbye to the boys as I secretly screamed with joy inside! I could sit in Pajamas and drink the very drinks I finally got off of. I could watch 48 Hours Television show for well…48 hours straight. No one will need a ride or sustanence. There will be no fights to break up and no lectures in high voices. There will be no schedules and no rules. Scissors here I come! But after having the festival-of-River by 6:oo p.m. that eve, I was hacked and ready for bed. So I needed to turn to my awful friend Redbull. I had about 5 or 6 hours before I had to drive to the local school to pick up my teamer girl. The can went down smooth. By 10:oo my kidneys ached and my head hurt….good ol’ friend. Winds were at high speeds and dust coated the air. It almost looked like brown snow blowing everywhere. Over the hill a fire was burning brightly as the winds whipped it about. I hoped within my head that no one gets hurt, no houses burn, and please do not come my way! After 48 hours Mysteries that lasted a day and Redbull, I wasn’t about to be able to handle a fire near our draught ridden fields. My chick-is-in-the-nest and we head home amongst the wind and dust. As I looked up on the news to see what in hallelujah was going on with the fire, I see a report that two Scouts (Sam’s age) are hurt and in the hospital…same place they were at. Scanning the article quickly with my pulse racing, I realized the accidents happened before my boys had even arrived at camp…phew.

Now the issue. What does someone doped up on Mystery shows, caffeine and is without her husband at midnight? You got it, avoid sleep at any cost. I greeted the sun instead of it greeting me. I took my own path last night and welcomed the world awake instead of vice-versa. Once I had said my hellos then I promptly went back to bed. Good times, good times,even if it was only me.

So Go and do and work on that math and take a day to greet the world on your own terms. Go ahead I dare you!

Comments

Popular Posts