Gah!

Gah! So my wee teen was over hanging with the "cuz". Teen asked to stay later at her Uncle's house so they could view a movie. Comedy of errors ensued that resulting in me arousing my sleeping sibling wondering where my daughter was at in the wee hours of the morn. The said child and the cousin had not quit thought out how to appropriately let said parents in on their plan. 

Oh boy! Do I know how that rolls! I was 17 and a sort of "friend" asked if I wanted to hang with him as he made some deliveries. He apparently was a driver for some Fed-ex or such. He was older and I thought it would be fun. He forgot to tell me he would be driving 3 hours AWAY from my homestead. I have never been so scared in my life! Here I was driving all over Kingdom Come and past my curfew. Said driver was unwilling to take me home as we had gone so far for deliveries  Once I arrived home, I kissed the ground, I got grounded, and I learned a lesson. Always let your folks know the status of any social gathering no matter how small the detail. 

We heard out our teen and saw that she and her cousin had done all the things they thought were appropriate to keep us apprised of their plans. But it was not as detailed as we, as parents,would have liked. So they learned and we learned.

It's like that isn't? Life. We think we have done all the darn things we need to do and we still find ourselves traveling 3 hours away from home with a non-serial-killer.  We plan and plot our lives and detail little plans and then we do something to totally screw it up. We get side tracked and off course. Gah! Hate that when that happens.

I do have a new philosophy though.....it is called the Journey Bus. We all get on our own Journey Bus. Our particular bus has a destination that is planned for us and we have the one way ticket. But what happens is others often persuade us to jump onto their Journey Bus!   They take us off course. Whether it is because we are afraid to stay on our bus or they pressure us to leave our bus to travel on their route for a while. We board other buses for a varied amount of reasons but no reason is really good enough. So next time you are sitting with your FedEx dude traveling to who-knows-where let him know you are ready to get of his Journey Bus and back onto yours! It will save you from alot of grief and from a lifetime of grounding.

Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts