Disinfect When Done....

Disinfect when done reading this.....5 days of sickness that mirrors strep...it is everywhere. I use to be of Pioneer stock. Never felt sick really. There were times but mostly I tended the sick with soup and hugs and cold cloths and then boasted that I didn't catch a thing! This year, immune system down, sick of heart, mind and body all the time. Um, not all the time, just more often then one wants.

So, I sing the (Doris Day???) song "Gooood morning, good morning, it's time to rise and shine" to my 11 year old. She has informed me that of all the ways to wake up, this wouldn't be her choice. UH? What? Well, I do  it anyway because I am Queen of this Castle. So the other day in my "Family Von-Crap" voice, I serenade her to wake up. She sits up rubbing her eyes. "Mom your singing is awkward!"she says coming to full wake mode. She pauses and then says, "It's okay mom, I will just tell everyone your my adopted mom." Wow. That hurt. But it hasn't persuaded me to stop singing. She can work that out with her Therapist when she is older if need be. 

I am a good mom. Things to improve on? Yeah, sure. Regrets? Yes there are some. But a friend told me once that she decided to do everything that she felt was good for her kids so there would be no regrets when they moved out. They grew up. They made choices she doesn't love. But she has no regrets. I like that life choice. We, in our lives, really should stop looking for the why, what if, what will I do in life! We should just say what if I don't do this, will I regret it? 

Sometimes it takes life and aging to get there. Don't wait for mid-lifer. Go and do and enjoy and think when I am 80 years old will I wish I "Had"?

Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts