Fly.........

FLY.......I live in a sort of but not now out in the country place. Some 20 homes have moved in since me so it isn't so countrified as it was upon our arrival months ago. But lot's of horses and cows and horses (yes I did mention the horses) live around us here in the kind of country living that we call home. Horses and such inspire the life of flies just by their very nature.

Remember the movie "You Got Mail"? It has a scene in it where the "Heroine" of the story writes about a butterfly that gets on the subway with her and gets off,if remembered correctly, with her. It is a sweet scene as the beautiful creature hovers over her in its brightly colored wings. 

Well, we have that except it isn't a beautiful butterfly it is a disgusting garden variety, feces eating, leg rubbing fly. One comes in and hovers every where I go. I kill one and magically another takes the place of the murdered one. I had one in my car that would not leave even when windows were opened and hand threats were made. I would think on that scene of how lucky Meg Ryan was to have a butterfly, a symbol of rebirth, follow her onto the train whilst I got stuck with a black blah fly. I hope that isn't some sort of Universal Sign. 

Maybe I need to rethink my disgust of these creatures and think maybe the sign is I can have crud thrown my way and I can make a pie out of it?

I don't know....food for thought.

Go and do and disregard this poorly chosen subject. It's the best I could do with this dang fly hovering over me for no reason other then it can.

Get a fly swatter and go and do.
 

Comments

Popular Posts