I Just Want........

I just want....Such a fine line isn't it? The difference from wanting, needing, and being grateful for what one has. 

I often contemplate what would happen if a fire ravaged my belongings or a accident took a beloved. What would be important then? 

I love to learn about cultures that are happy despite their circumstances, right? Ones that don't have the "American Dream" but seem happier then we who do! 

Hey, don't get me wrong...having things are wonderful. Life is easier. But not necessarily happier. I read this article (Sorry cannot find it to reference it!) that said happy people have certain attributes. 

One was that giving instead of receiving created happiness. Another thing was that finding joy in the small things. It reference that maybe it is "the Barista at your coffee shop got your order right." Just pick out something little that is a good thing. We are very apt at giving alot of attention to those things that have gone awry during the day but never seem to pepper it with the things that have gone right.It also reference that if things are crappy, say so. Don't hide it. But don't let it rule you either. I have found that saying why I am upset or telling those in my circle EXACTLY what I need, helps. Try it!

This article said that forty percent of happiness is up to us! The rest is circumstance and how we live but that the forty is us....k, I know, easier said then done...but why not try...put that smile on and when asked how your day is say, "Could get better."

Just decide that bad is bad and good is good but don't make life harder then it has to be...it is like mama use to say, "Children are starving in Africa so eat your Brussels Sprouts." Well, same thing just insert happy instead of starving.

Go and just do!

Comments

Popular Posts