It Is Fall.....

It is Fall.....It is time to stop shaving my legs and start wearing my pearls!

Soup, muffins, bringing out extra blankets. Staring at the starry nights. It is a cool 66 outside. There is slight breeze that ruffles the curtains that comfort the window. Outside there is the laughter of a couple little girls sharing one pair of roller-skates, each wearing one skate and holding hands and giggling. The sun is just a hint, enough to give the sky a light blue glow as the moon tries to take over. I have Anne Hathaway blaring the song "I dreamed a dream." I look out and see houses that dot the hill with soft cream lights glowing out their windows. It makes me feel peace. I am happy.

(from winter--same sky though)

There are times that during any given day, I have a glow that starts in my stomach and grows to the top of my head. It is a mere second or two of complete joy! Joy for things that I love in my life. Joy to be alive. Just a wisp of happiness. My Prince Charming says he has never had that before. I was surprised. I am not saying that my days are amazing or that I don't sit in bed sometimes unable to get up. I am just saying that there are moments...moments in my day that I am just happy for the second for being alive. I have found that I get those feelings more and more. Oh, life hasn't changed at all. Same stuff, same problems and maybe more then before and yet I feel that joy. I wish that for you. A wisp of overwhelming joy that pops up unexpectedly during your day.

Back to hairy legs and pearls. Tights hide a myriad of sins, just saying. And pearls are the never out of style accessory! So as you start to see the trees hint at changing and you long for that ugly sweater that is too big, feel the joy that Summer brought and the anticipation of Fall.

I am telling you, life can really suck but that doesn't mean your joy has to be sucked down with it. Trials come and will go, guaren-darn-tee it! 

I was gifted a can of Kidney beans today! It was essential to the soup I was making. I was so happy. My liquid gold main ingredient was a can of Kidney beans. Without them, soup would no longer be the meal it needed to be. Our friends and family take up the slack for were we lack. God is good ladies and gents. He allows us to be able to fill in the blanks. But we must have joy and faith to know we are the ones to fill in the blanks for others and I suggest doing it wearing your favorite pearls and for heavens sake, wear tights! 

God is good, pearls are nice and tights are essential. Good Fall everybody, ready or not it is arriving!

Comments

Popular Posts