My Space...

My Space…the original “my space.” You know when you were overly excited trying to get your mom to give you 50 cents for the approaching ice-cream truck and she would say with a tinge of exhaustion give “me my space”! That kind space. 

We had the “family” computer located conveniently betwixt the kitchen and living room under an arch breezeway. The problem? It was a computer accessed by teens and since it was visual it was used. Used to down load selfies, music, Facebook funnies, etc. This lead to the obvious viral infection that was unenviable. But it took away the small place in my world that a work station and somewhat my space. I stopped blogging, writing, communication. Somehow the absence of the feel of a keypad which seemed the only way to write was gone and so was the desire to create albeight only a message or two. The mobile Ipad just didn’t have the “soft clicking” sound from keys being punched at a rapid rate that encouraged one to sit and ponder and put to paper. (Or computer as the case maybe!) And so my life as a writer/communicater came to a sudden halt.

Then a few days ago the thought came as if mana from heaven, create your own space, duh. Yes it did indeed say duh. So creating of rooms is what I do best and the task was on. I scoured the internet and the stores for a desk that would work for me. Our local paper offered up a desk for less then half the original price. Yes, I dickered them down $10.oo. No I am not a cheapskate, I just like having my money. And they were kind enough to say no problem. I hunted it down and brought it home. Couches were moved out of the loft and a floor lamp brought in. A lovely wicker chair that I had already was added.  A little cleaning and touch up of the actual desk and waa laa. Beautiful. Of course pictures of my favorite Littlies and a succulent added and I was in heaven! I now have “my space” and I don’t mind saying it is wonderful. 
                                                                                                 
So the gem of wisdom in this gloating of my new loft office? For just forty dollars and some elbow grease? Is just do it. If there is a will there is a way. It may take time and some sacrifice but feed yourself with the things that will bring joy! I went months without writing which is the very thing that keeps me creative. Because my duh moment took longer then necessary, I didn’t realize that it was a mere forty clams to create a space in my world.

Go and do and feed the soul! I give you permission!

Comments

Popular Posts