Negative Smegative

Negative Smegative…I heard on the radio that we, humans that is, are 4 times more likely to remember negative memories then positive ones.
Geeze, that makes so much sense to me. Isn’t it funny how we absorb the bad parts of a day? How often have we had a friend, partner, child come home after a day long of absence and regal us with the bad things that have happened! 

I am a person that likes to see the sunny side of things with few exceptions. Recently there was a kitchen fire in my new little home. The person responsible kept saying how sorry they were that they set the house on fire. “No,” I reply, “you started a fire but didn’t burn the house.” Perspective, right? They felt bad and when they would talk about it,it was the “I set the house on fire.” NO. By accident you started a fire but all is well. Minimum damage and no damage to bodies. And we have insurance. So all is well. 

So let us not let our negative experiences outweigh the positive ones. Hey get real! Our lives are almost all positive with very minor negatives (at least in my circle). So accent the positive and go and do.
















Comments

Popular Posts