Overcoming....

I shared last post that my 11 year old lost a classmate last Sunday. The parents have been on the news and there was a "Run" for him (Orion) as he belonged to the elementary running class.

I sat, the day of the run, on the side of the park in the grassy knoll watching all the kids in their running gear and balloons decorating the designated park.  It was a bit overwhelming as a non-know-them parent watching. Pregnant mama and daddy hugging and giving comfort to all who came to support their loss of a son. Guy, I could  barely keep the "dust out of my eyes" if you know what I mean. 

Their eyes were puffy but their demeanor was of calm. They hugged and were hugged. There was so much love for them and the loss of the little one. Touching. Impressive strength from these parents. It is so nice to know that our loved ones are happy when they go "on" but it we, left behind, that are sad over the "what might have beens". But these parents had great strength even though they are facing the unimaginable trial.

My papaya girl still was sadden by the loss of her classmate a few days after. She could barely sleep last night even though we snuggled her into our bed. Thrashing and crying. This morning, I gave her  the mama questions. "Are you afraid?" "Why are you feeling sad still?" "What up girl friend?" She brushed me off like a common house fly. I then got it. There is something really personal swirling around that head of hers. Locked away from me. "You don't want to talk about it punk?" She shakes her head..."no I do not." she says unsure if that is okay to say.  I then urged her to be sure to let me know when she is good and ready to spew the thoughts that are taking over her brain these days. I also gave her instructions that sometimes mommies are busy when you really want to talk..... right girls? 

WE are like that with whoever...get a project for us and deep talking is out the door...getting the ques that little ones need you are hard to pick up on when in mist of project mind.  So back to that girl of mine...told her she needs to say "Mama, it's important that I talk to you" when she is good and able to let me in on her world.

 (That way, little one, I will KNOW you really need to talk about this......yes readers, sometimes I am a good planner a header.)

So today I end feeling love for the world and those in it. Love for the trials that weave inner strength within us. Thankfulness for the  challenges that make us more compassionate for others. Honoring the need to acknowledge that invisible thread that binds us to each other.  

Today, go and do and hug someone you should have hugged a long time ago. Give that compliment or that slice of love. You never know when that gift will be taken from you, so share it like you would a birthday cake. Love all around!

 

Comments

Popular Posts