Where........

where to start? I am overloaded lately. Right? Are you feeling me? There have been times that I can barely get out of bed because the only thing I had to look forward to is cleaning toilets. This is not one of those times. I always viewed myself as "this person". "This person" was active! She wrote the great American Novel, had her own business, mothered like no other, decorated, baked, PTA, cleaned, coiffed, was a size zero, took meals to the in need, taught Sunday School, etc etc. No one told me that there would be restrictions on that vision. Either self imposed or outside sources or that there really is a time-and-season to things.

So years into life, I have decided that I could be many of those things now. Time and Season of children have passed and I realize that I no longer live in a world of  little people. They are growing up and the time for kool-aid stands and bed time stories are long gone. The season of wanting to be home because that is were my family was is waining as they often aren't home. So now "that person" can start being molded.

I have absolutely no regrets of being front and center in my family-world! So worth anything that one would consider "giving up"! And now I see that the new part of life offers the ability to do "all those things" I had somewhat lamented over the years!

I was driving my fourth or fifth carpool on my way to "work" when my 17 year old said, "Mom, we are so so busy, it is getting crazy!" I thought that for a busy 17 year old herself to recognize that means we really are. I have probably the less obligations as my counter parts but still feel the craziness of "doing".  But then I look at the list of the person I want to be when I grow up! I am many of those things right now! So busy yes, happy yes. 

So today make the list of "that person" and then go and start working on it! I obligated myself to things probably really not wanting to do but knowing once I got in there and did it, I would be glad! And guess what? I was right, as usual! :)

Go and do and start working on "that person"!

Comments

Popular Posts