If We Could...

IF We could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, sour whole life would change. (Budda)

I sometimes miss the miracle of the little things.  I had to say good bye to a dear friend this last month after a 3 week stay in the hospital.  The last thing that was a clear interaction was me leaning over the hospital bed, leg popped up for balance, grabbing his whiskered chubby cheeks and saying "I love you Dewey." He looked at me like a person who knows his time is short on this grande earth and said, "I love you too River." Golden. It was a privileged to get to be in the hospital for the few weeks I was able too. It was looking at a flower clearly. When I was there loving my "just like family" friends and traveling back and forth with the various family members that I love, I worried about nothing but the love and well being of those of my own family and those of my new found family. I didn't care about bills, weight, winning, throw pillows. I saw the gift of living amongst those who were about to say goodbye to the ones they love. The sleepless nights. The tears. The jokes. The last advice. The memories. The quiet solitude. I was allowed to see the inner workings of a family on the cusp of changing forever. It is getting to see the miracle of a flower clearly for a moment. And I was there to witness.

Go and glimpse the miracle of a moment.

Comments

Popular Posts