Addictions of the Sherlock Kind....

Addiction of the Sherlock .......okay, so do I have to admit it to the world? As I start staring down "empty nesting" of only two children left at home but gone to school during the week, I have had no other options then to hunker down and watch every series, documentary, or book on the great Sherlock Holmes. I am ashamed to admit that this is my secret time filler during the empty childless days and yes, my thighs show it. (Not exercising but couch lounging, get it?)

My latest days have consisted of a new twist on the greatest detective who ever graced our imaginations. The newest series is called "Elementary." The new version exchanges the great Dr. Watson for the great Miss Doctor Joan Watson. Ms. Hudson is a transvestite and Sherlock has transplanted himself from England to New York.

I ramble on and you question why, don't you? This is what my days have become. Those days of wondering when life would be my own and when will I ever have just the day to myself have arrived. I was sure that it would include piano lessons, painting like Picasso and a minuet garden just for show. INstead I find my time looking forward to when the two remaining will get home to create a little noise in the very solitary home of ours.  

I am sure as I start to learn to have free days it will start to have less Sherlock and more Picasso time. Maybe not a garden but maybe a half dried tomato plant out on the porch. But for now, I can hardly wait to get the popcorn, sprinkle it with Jr. Mints, and wait for the so exciting phrase, "Come Watson, the game is a foot!"
Go and do......a little investigating of your own!


Comments

Popular Posts