Funny Flu

Funny Flu…..I was struck down with it after nursing a few of my own that came down with it last week. There was the usual mama things I did. I applied the wet hand towels on the face with a sweet hand wipe on the cheeks for love, Theraflu filled to the cup by me and then they tried to force it down to sleep and I was there with a glass of water to help remove medicine taste. There were hot herbal tea with drips of honey in a big mug and temperature taking with a kiss to the forehead to get the real mum temperature. I checked on them while sleeping as I, with grace and stealth, snuck into their rooms to listen to their soft wheezing. I jumped up out of my chair as they walked into the designated television room, right into action. Sitting them down with a fluffy blanket and a warm hug. I nursed and loved and loved and nurse with my bag of teas, soups, wipes, thermometer, and kisses.

Now I have it.

No warm hugs are offered up because NO ONE wants to get sick so they avoid me.  We are all out of peppermint tea so I am forced to drink plain hot water out of a broken mug. A head pops into the room occasionally donned with a Doctor's mask with a quick "Ya okay?" then disappears before I can even muster a response.  I walk around like a Zombie trying to just feel better and hoping for a random temperature kiss on the forehead. There are glances of "Are you alright?" mixed with "get away from me." I wander the halls in the same pajamas I had on yesterday and my hair is matted with bed hair tangles. My teeth might have fuzz on them, won't confirm or deny. My stomach lurches every time I move and my skin is like ash with heat. Right now I could very well keel over but want to at least tap out  one more blog before the flu takes me away forever………I wish my mommy was here.

So I may have (have)over exaggerated ANY part of this commentary but that is what the truth looks eerily like to me at this time. If I am far from the reality of my life then blame it on the Therafu…..as that is what I will be doing in the morning as I justify my ramblings to the family.

so go and do and get a hug for me!


Comments

Popular Posts