Will The Real.....

will the real River please stand up......K, so the journey is this....I have a fairly new house. It's only a couple, two 1/2 years old, and is beautiful for new. Problem. It's just not me. The paint is wonderfully beige for those who like beige. The granite counter tops are nice and functional for those who thrive on function. The carpet is new. There is debate if it is a dark woodsy green or a brown with a green hue. But the fact is it isn't me. Poor little Riv. So I have struggled to create a place that is me within the confines of not getting rid of those items previously mentioned at a great cost that will not serve me in the near future. I have moved and purchased and nailed a million holes trying to get the look I want without hurting the family budget. 

Now I am the proud owner of a zillion throw pillows and walls with holes peppered everywhere. Not the real River.

So last night my eldest came over and rescued me. She rearranged a room or two added a titch of this and a bit of that and wow! She helped me see where I wanted to go. The wow factor isn't just what she did but that she knew me so well. 

That is the thing about family. If a choice is made to be a close family, whatever that looks like, it is an amazing thing. These people who know you and understand who you are and show up anyway is truly a blessing. To have these amazing Young Adults and almost there people in my life that know the importance (to me) of a balanced bookshelf and a appropriate throw pillow is so amazing. It makes not getting that new couch so we can do things together even more worth it.


                          (Very Old Picture)

So if the real River was to stand up it would be the one that suffers through not having wood floors or great vacations in order to be with truly amazing people who are of my Clan. Clan River. That is the real one. 

Go and do without a new throw pillow.

Comments

Popular Posts