I Love You Today……

I love you today again…..these are the texts I have been receiving from my Prince Charming for the last few weeks. I originally responded with a c'est la vie  attitude and texted back "Gotcha" , "Right back at ya babe", and the fabulous fall back response "ditto". (I maybe a bit romantically crippled?)I realized after a week I was maybe just a bit anticipatory  of receiving his text on my daily routine of doing housework and catching up on the latest episode OF "STAR CROSS" which, off the beaten path, contains rather smexy aliens. Yes, this is what my life is.

 A few days ago the jingle "YOU GOT MAIL" sang out from my flip phone sitting on the kitchen counter. I picked it up and saw the daily 'I love you again today'. Wow, binga, swoosh. Those little words hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt like a buck fifty. I had responded to this effort of loving with a minimalist response  equal to Retarded Arctic Ice Goat.  He was right….

 Marriage is a lot of work. It is mostly giving, giving up, changing scenarios, and almost always going to plan B. Prince's expression of love was even more then what he thinks. If I took the accent off I and LOVE and put it on AGAIN TODAY. It means that LOVE is a verb. (Kudos to: Dan in Real Life)It is an action NOT a feeling. 

We have to act every day to create the feeling of love for those in our lives. I realized with my juvenile responses that I was looking at love as a feeling entitled to me by the mere act of marriage. He was viewing at it as an act to be acted upon every day. Crud-a-cola! I hate when I am not right! 

So my responses have been a little more articulate and much more gracious. I realize that his words are a verb and who doesn't like a little action every day? 

So go and do and be a verb to those in your "circle" just for today.

Comments

Popular Posts