Another Life….

Another Life… As I posted before I was adopted. I, at the ripe old age of far from young and nearing elder wise, have been found by a genetic sibling. Shock, hesitancy, guarded, happy, accepting, are all feelings I went through. After all, this momentous birthday I will be celebrating usually is accompanied by a rather pathetic ankle tattoo and perhaps a sports car. Not adding to a family that has been established for ……silence. 

The connection of a couple of these new found peeps has actually really served me. I didn't believe, and still don't, think you need to find your "birth" family for medical reasons. (Some DO exist but that is the extremes.) Yet, I found myself suffering for many years of weight gain and horrible fatigue. There are several factors that allowed me to stay status quo. But then the Sister-from-the-same-womb called and gave me valuable info. Sounds so old lady but I have had a thyroid issue. When she said the whole female clan had issues, I quickly scoffed it away as most of the things that were family dilemmas were not me and maybe as far from me as possible. I love adventures, flying, aggressive conversations, wanting to visit the globe and avoid having any anxieties if possible. 

I was wrong. I even put that in writing. So….I have struggled with things this year that I never thought I would! And four days into herbal remedies for that crafty throaty thing, I already have less naps, less sadness, still chubby. But hey, it has only been a few days.

So, when someone has something that maybe a factor in your life….listen. Then think on it. Then decide. Scoffing away isn't always that answer. So Angie-girl. You were right.

Go and do and check that old lady thing called a thyroid. Or don't.

Comments

Popular Posts